- Advanced Speech Technology - Providing both
Voice Recognition and Text-to-Speech programs.
- Answers for executives. - Fast loading,
informative site addressing typical questions executives might have about speech
recognition for offices and companies. Contains product reviews, installation guidelines,
provocative analysis of the industry for people who would rather use voice technology
instead of typing.
- Conversa Conversational Computing Corporation -
Sells application specific speech enabled products. Current products include a version of
Internet Explorer which responds to voice and an office messenging system. (Editor note:
Cookies must be turned on to view site.)
- Dragon Systems - A worldwide leader in PC and MAC
speech recognition. Offerings include desktop and mobile dictation, telephony, vertical
market add-ons and developers' tools.
- "2001" hits the home - Voice
recognition software (with product names HAL2000 etc.) for Windows 95/98 that supports air
conditioning, telephony, infrared, Internet, X-10 and security - for use in home systems.
Site gives audio examples of the interactions possible.
- IBM Software - Speech Recognition -
Big Blue's ViaVoice offerings in the desktop continuous speech dictation arena. Competes
with Dragon, Lernout & Hauspie and Philips. Has mobile dictation and telephony
products as well.
- IMSI Software - IMSI Utilities Group licenses IBM
ViaVoice technology to produce their own line of "VoiceDirect" dictation
- Lernout & Hauspie - Lernout & Hauspie is an
international leader in advanced speech and linguistic solutions for computers,
automobiles, telecommunications, embedded products, consumer products and the Internet.
Acquired Kurzweil, partners with Microsoft and Intel. High powered in telephony and
language translation, trying hard to catch up in consumer products.
- Natural Language Recognition - Simplis, Inc, a new
site providing "natural language" speech recognition interface designed to
simplify access to existing programs. First offering simplifies Microsoft Outlook. Trial
- NSC Natural Speech Communication - NSC is one of the
world's technology leaders in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) for wireless and wireline
implementations with superior performance characteristics under severe noise conditions.
- Philips Speech Processing - FreeSpeech 98 is
Philips' entry to the burgeoning continuous speech dictation market. At $39 from the site
(or 30 day free trial), it is a low cost way to try out the technology. Although the
software does not have the human factors features of, say, Dragon, it does have good
- Speech recognition news and studies - TMA Associates
publishes Speech Recognition Update, an industry newsletter on the business, products,
markets, and companies in speech recognition, text-to-speech, and speaker verification.
The site contains headlines and recent news, as well as descriptions of TMA conferences
and market studies in voice recognition.
- Voice Recognition Resource Site
- Broad collection of site bookmarks with personal summaries for speech recognition
companies, services, products and resources.
- Usenet comp.speech - news: