- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 versus UNIX
Famous UNIX versus Windows NT study: Information every manager should know when planning a
corporate network or the purchase of server hardware.
- Acromania: OS -
- AltOS - Information on alternative operating
- badlinks.com - Links to news and sites for
Macintosh, Linux, BEOS, Kosh, Amiga, YellowDogLinux, Redhat, and most other alternate OSs
for the Macintosh and PC markets.
Operating System Comparison - An IDC White Paper
- comp.os.research FAQ
- Convergence International - The non-Wintel
user group, supporting Acorn, Amiga, Apple, ARM, Be, NCs, PowerPC, Psion, Unix and other
alternative operating systems. Services include a non-Wintel news summary.
- The Home Computer Hall of Fame
- I like to think of this page as a nostalgia trip, somewhere people can go to in order to
find out information about old (and sometimes best forgotten) home computers. I'm still
far from providing a complete list (if such a thing is possible), but with help (yours to
be precise) I might get close.
- Internet Operating System Counter: stuff that
counts - What Operating Systems run the Internet? Statistics on Internet OS use, WWW,
FTP, and News servers. Over 940,000 hosts checked in last survey.
- OS Counter and Help System - Place to register
what you feel about your OS, see what others think of it, get help with it, and/or help
others with theirs.
- OS News: Exploring the Future of Computing - Online
magazine on operating systems and computing environments.
- OS Projects - Sortable
database of links to many OS projects all over the WWW. Sorts OSs into many broad
categories to make it easier to search.
- osOpinion - Tech Opinion commentary for the
people, by the people.
- Pat Gunn's OS page - Descriptions and
graphics from many OSs.
- Performance Computing Magazine -
Technical information and solutions for users of UNIX and Windows NT.
- PIOS - THE Please t
Interactive Operating System of the future - New operating system developed expecially
by PIE Software Inc., for IBM PC's and compatibles. Works with any PC.
- QueSO - A tool for identifying the
operating system another host on the Internet is running by looking at the
"fingerprint" of the packets it generates. The web site is sluggish but
- Review of Operating Systems - Some
1,000 OS links, and much original content.
- Welcome to VMware, Inc. - Virtual Platform Technology
- Offering virtual machines for Linux.
- Usenet comp.os.research - news: