- Game Developer Magazine - A monthly
publication that delivers technical, how-to articles
- ACM SIGGRAPH - Theory, design, and application of
graphics and interactive techniques
- AGCC Organization - This site contains news,
programs, tips, and programming help for the TI-86 graphing calculator. (Editors Note:
This site is very new. Looks like it may be interesting when it gets up and running.)
- ALBERTO C. SALDAMANDO'S VIDEO GAMES
WEB SITE - PROGRAMMING - A Video Games Programming Web Site with over 800 links
- Amit's Game
Programmer Information - Game Programming and AI Resources
- Angelic Coders - Game programming resources
- Beginners' Game Programming
- Learn how to program games, see other beginners games on site! We're here to help the
little guy with tutorials, games, source code.
- Coder's Chaos - Game programming info,
code, and files in ASM and C/C++
- DIV Games Studio - Official homesite for DIV, a
full game development system with a compiler mixture of C++, QuickBasic and Pascal, easy
to learn, easy to use (in Spanish, Italian or Portuguese(no english)).
- Dman's Game Programming Domain -
Dman's Game Domain is a page for video game fans and video game programmers alike. Not
only can you read reviews and rants on my favorite games, but you can also download games
and demos that I program myself! Come check it out!
- East Coast Games - We are a site dedicated
to training new programmers and to making great games. We have tutorials on C/C++, Java
and DirectX. We have several games written for Windows that are free to download.
- Ethan Brodsky's Home Page -
Information on programming PC sound hardware
- Eugene Pervago Game Design - Over 80 articles
and 60 links on all aspects of game programming plus forum.
- GAMASUTRA - The Art and Science of making Games.
- Game Development Central - A site for beginners
to find out information about game development. Subjects incude: Programming, Selling a
game, Operating systems, Java, Digital Video, Digital Audio, MIDI, 3D content, How games
work, the game development cycle, and How to get started.
- Game Development Search Engine, The - A
full-text search engine and web directory dedicated to Game Development. With links to
thousands of sites, each of which are indexed, GDSE covers all aspects of game development
from art and audio to publishing and production.
- Game Programming - Game Programming '98 is your
premiere site for programming info. Featuring a huge reference library and weekly
interviews of professionals inside the industry. Participate in a public game development
- Game Programming and graphics programming -
GameProgrammer.Com provides quality information about game and graphics programming. We
have articles of interest to game programmers with all levels of experience.
GameProgrammer.Com is always looking for new authors, so if you are a game programmer and
a writer, or even a wannabe writer, contact us.
- The Game Programming MegaSite -
This site has just about everything you will need. Tutorials to get you started and
explore new techniques. Also has an active message board to get help.
- Game Programming Resources - Game
- Games++ Megasite - Game
Programming, Online Games, Cheats, Tutorials, References, Direct X, C/C++, Java, and much
- Java Game Programming - A good
web page dedicated to Java Game Programming
- The Linux SceneZone - Not game specific,
but a good source for information and links about game developemnt on Linux.
- Merlin's Library of Game
Programming - This site has a lot of information on game design. Good information for
anyone who is serious about game programming.
- Netpoker - Source code and
hookup instructions to play real people over the internet. (Editors note: May be usefull
for people trying to figure out network comunications... I'll be checking into this soon.)
- OpenGL WWW Center - The OpenGL home
- PenguinPlay - The Linux PenguinPlay
Project is aiming to provide a consistent SDK for games and multimedia programming on Unix
systems and especially Linux
- Programmer's Lair - A unique and comprehensive
game programming web page. Has information on AI, sound, DirectX, and books.
- Programmer's Workshop - The
Programmer's Workshop provides a valuable resource for developers using DirectX.
- Quake Developers Pages - Information
and resources for quake developers
- Virtual Library - Games
Programming Section - This is the Games Programming section of the Programmer's
Virtual Library. It is intended to be the best source of information for all programmers.
Here you can easily find documents, tutorials and FAQs.
- Visual Basic Web Directory
- A list of websites featuring Visual Basic game development.
- Usenet rec.games.programmer - news:
- Usenet comp.games.development.programming.algorithms - news:
- Usenet comp.games.development.programming.misc - news:
- Usenet alt.games.programming - news: