- BioMedNet - The world
wide club for the biological community. Publisher of HMS Beagle, an award winning
- The Field of Biology
Structural organization of the Biological Sciences with links to resources & tools for
each subfield - from the Calif. Inst. of Technology.
- Bioethics Internet Project - Broad
overview of historical & current moral issues in the fields of medical treatment &
research - from the Univ. of Penn.
- Bioresearch Online - Virtual community
for the bioresearch and life sciences industry featuring daily news, product updates,
discussion forums, & online chat with information on manufacturing, technology,
equipment, supplies, software, & careers.
- BioScience Research Tool - Comprehensive
resource directory for Bioscience and Education arranged them by discipline.
Online - Field research expeditions worldwide.
- Issues in Science & Technology - An online
journal for discussion of public policy related the interactions of science, engineering,
& medicine with society - from the Nat'l Academy of Sciences.
- Out of the Silent
Planet - Many molecular biology & biotechnology links, along with detailed
information on the biochemistry and genetics of Bacillus spore germination.
- SciNews-MedNews Source - Search,
browse, & download current or archived articles & abstracts in comprehensive
database of news releases from top research institutions. Designed for news reporters.
- BIOSCI/bionet Electronic Newsgroup Network for Biology
- Electronic communication forums to promote communication between Professionals in the
Biological Sciences - from Stanford Univ. (June 6, 1997)
- Usenet bionet.general - news: